We all know Google Translate is awesome, however as all your teachers and fellow students may have mentioned before - it has it's pitfalls! Here is a video that clearly demonstrates how Google Translate is inaccurate.
Some tips for Using Google Translate
- Do not just copy and paste. Your teachers will KNOW...
- Always try to use the language you KNOW already, do not translate everything.
- Think about the different words and consider it in CONTEXT - does this even make sense???
- Sometimes you may have to adjust the way something is said, so it makes sense in the target language. Contohnya, "Nama ibu saya Marge Simpson", literally translated is: "Name mum I/my Marge Simpson." However, to make it sound sense dalam bahasa Inggris, "My mum's name is Marge Simpson."
- Focus upon the meaning.
- Use it as a guide for really big chunks of text, so you get the gist of what something is about.